Roddy,

We actually recommend and sell LT Winmodems to our customers that are
having modem troubles.  We sell them for $20 each. (no profit)

They connect to our Max 6096 as high as 52K and are quite reliable with
current drivers.  I can't say the same for Connexant though.

We are running 8.0.3 with PRIs on our Max.  The LT Winmodem driver should
be a 5.9x series.  I am currently running 5.97 in my own test machine.

LT winmodem drivers came from http://www.808hi.com/56k/ltwin7.htm

Good luck,

Tom

At 09:16 AM 3/22/01 +1100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Well i bet this question has been asked many of times...
>
>Why the heck do Lucent win modems and Conexant modems fail to connect to Max
>6k's and Max 3ks?  Even though they are made by the same manufacturer.
>
>Our symptons include, the line actually trying to make connection, then it
>eventually drops out, without making successfull connection.  On the
>occasional time it does connect, the connection lasts about 5 minutes, then
>drops out.  When we get the customer to dial into an analouge service it
>works no problems.
>
>I understand that these modems are no use to anyone, and they'd be better of
>used as frisbees, but try telling that to a customer who decides to pay $50
>for it and expects it to work.  Is there any extra settings/init strings I
>can enter to get these to work perfect with the Max's or any speed dropping
>init strings.
>
>Thanks.
>---
>Cheers,