Here's a new user question that I bet someone out there can answer easily.

We're trying to setup a remote location to our main campus network using 2
Ascend P50 routers to route IP traffic.  We have the connections setup and
the two routers can 'talk' to each other.    The router on the main campus
can ping everything on it's subnet and out to the internet.   The remote
P50 can ping the main campus P50 and no further.  The remote location does
not get routed past the main campus P50.   IP routing is turned on at both
locations.  I've tried it both with NAT turned on and off. everything works
fine using bridging but it keeps the connection live 24/7.

here is a brief accounting of the router setup.
Both routers running v. 8.0-101.0  software

Main campus router:
IP address: 165.160.212.61/26
default gateway: 165.160.212.62  (defaulty gateway on main campus LAN)
IP routing YES

Remote router:
IPaddress: 192.168.1.1/26
default gateway: 165.160.212.61
IP routing YES

Anyone have a quick an dirty setup of  routing settings?  I tried the
sample router-to-router setup from the Ascend website but it doesn't work.
I've tried setting up NAT but I'm not sure I did it correctly.  When
running NAT on the remote P50 does DHCP need to be configured on the main
campus P50?      Whatever we tried we still could not get past the main
campus P50.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful before we bite
the bulet and pay Lucent $300 for th 1st hour of support.

John C. Sauer
US Fish and Wildlife Service
Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge
4005 Sandpiper Road