>From: Chris Green <chris at areti.co.uk>
>
>Is the ascend-users list still reasonably active?  Also are the
>archives still available, I couldn't get Majordomo to talk sense to me
>about getting a list of the archive files.
>
>I'm actually interested in seeing if there is a way of remotely
>waking up an Ascend 75 router (via a phone call) to get it to connect
>my Linux box to the Internet 'on demand'.

With Caller ID on your ISDN line, you should be able to enter the
number you want to from (so there can only be one) and have the
Pipeline do a callback--to a different number if you like. I've never
tried to do this by placing an analog call to the Pipe, but we do it
all the time to trigger callback via CLID.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor at infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/

"Where's my burrito?" -- Homer