** From: owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com
** [mailto:owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com]On Behalf Of Rosette, David
** Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 4:03 PM
** To: 'ascend-users at bungi.com'
** Subject: (ASCEND) CHAP fails on Radius server and MAX 6000
**
** I am setting up a radius server using Microsoft's IAS.  I can
** authenticate
** using PAP only.
** I have gone through the list archives and found some config
** information.  I
** entered this additional setting: "VALUE Ascend-Auth-Type = Auth-MS-CHAP"
** This gives the same result I can only authenticate using PAP.
** If I disable
** PAP on the radius server all tries result in Bad Password.
**
**
** These are the other setting in the profile:
**
**
** User-Service = Framed-User, Framed-Protocol = PPP,
** Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
** Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1,
** Ascend-Route-IP = Route-IP-Yes,
** Ascend-Idle-Limit = 1200,
** VALUE Ascend-Auth-Type = Auth-MS-CHAP,
**
**
** As far as I can tell the settings on the radius server are correct.  Is
** there anything on the MAX that can be checked?
**
** Thanks,
**
** Dave Rosette