On Wed, 30 May 2001, Steve Haavik wrote:
>We finally descided to switch to Cisco.

Don't get me wrong, Cisco makes excellent routers.  However, they don't have
the remotest clue how to make a terminal server.  They once owned Telebit,
but learned nothing (they took the mica technology and ran.) [Telebit is
hands down the best terminal server to have ever existed... 32 115.2k serial
ports on a 386dx40 with 4M running from a 1.4M floppy.  It could go as high
as 96 portsm but I'd need external power for the serial ports.  Beat that.]

>... At least the Ascend routers (before the TNT)
>had a menu to help you navigate the configuration.

Oh, come on.  The TNT interface isn't that bad.  It takes a few seconds to
get used to, but it makes sense.  If you want an example of horible... go
configure some 3com switches/routers. (From a software standpoint, the TNT
interface is far more efficient than a menued interface.)

--Ricky

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com