Once upon a time, Paul Gregg <lists-mail-isp-ascend-users at pgregg.com> said:
> I understand you can return a Filter-Id = "filtername" to use a predefined
> filter on the NAS, or you can return a load of Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip ..."
> lines to supply the filter with the AuthReply.
> However, I can't seem to make the APX request a filter from the Radius
> server - I don't want to modify every user entry to add filters to
> every line - and it would be a real pain to change the filter over a load of
> users, so defining a few standard filters which can be changed in one place
> is much preferred.

If you are using Ascend's RADIUS server (or Cistron RADIUS with my patch
from http://www.iruntheinter.net/files/cistron/), you can use
Ascend-Data-Filter attributes to your RADIUS users file to construct
filters like:

someuser	Password = "xxxxxxxx"
		Framed-IP-Address = 10.1.1.1,
		Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
		Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward srcip 10.1.1.0/24",
		Ascend-Data-Filter = "generic in drop 0 0 0",
                Idle-Timeout = 300

We use these for anti-spoofing.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>