Once upon a time, Paul Gregg <lists-mail-isp-ascend-users at pgregg.com> said:
> Thanks, but I thought I had already shown that I knew that.  What I wanted
> to do was be able to reply with Filter-Id = "userfilter",
> and if the APX doesn't have "userfilter" it would generate a RADIUS
> auth request for Username "userfilter" Password "ascend" and my radius
> would reply with multiple Ascend-Data-Filter =  lines...
>
> I specifically *don't* want to do what you are suggesting, as I noted, it'll
> be a real PITA to update a single standard type filter across multiple
> users (I've got > 20,000 to worry about).
>
> The APX manuals suggest this is possible, but I can't get it to work.

D'oh, sorry.  That'll teach me to reply to one email while reading
another and talking to someone over my shoulder. :-)

IIRC you have to have

read EXTERNAL-AUTH
set rad-auth-client allow-auth-config-rqsts = yes

before a TNT will do what you are talking about.

If you can't get it to work, you could also script updating the users
(if you have them in a users file).  That's what I did when we started
using this.

Another possibility (depending on your RADIUS server) would be to use a
fall-through user entry.  This is possible with Cistron RADIUS like:

DEFAULT	Service-Type = Framed-User
	Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward srcip 10.1.1.0/24",
	Ascend-Data-Filter = "generic in drop 0 0 0",
	Fall-Through = Yes

You'd put that entry in your users file, and then all users below that
point would have those attributes applied.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>