Hi,

Anyone seen this?

MAX4000 on TAOS 6.1.24 (it's on old code for a good reason..). If you dial
in (analogue) with Win2000, and the "Use Multilink on Single Connections"
option set (which is default), the connection gets dropped just after IPCP
completion (Disconnect cause 185). Occasionally it works but most often it
fails. If you tell Win2000 not to use MPPP, it works OK with compression. If
you tell Win2000 to use MPPP, and turn off compression, it works OK.

So I'm pretty certain a T1 MAX4000 (fbtk.m40) has problems with Windows 2000
clients using Multilink and compression (the defaults).

On our other MAXen (4000 and 6000), all 6.1.24 (but not all T1 like this
one), it works OK with Win2000 and MPPP and compression. I know Ciscos have
throughput problems due to fragmentation, but this actually causes immediate
connection drop just after IPCP comes up.

Of course, for a discontinued model running out-of-support code, I guess
most of you won't lose much sleep over this one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Richard Lewis
Senior Engineer
Cable & Wireless IP Network Services