Does anyone know of a document that can help with troubleshooting DBA?

I have an old Pipeline 75 with pretty old software (5.1a9 or something like that -- I don't have it here in front of me). I can get a single or two-channel call to my ISP by adjusting the 'base ch count' parameter, but the dynamic part is eluding me.

I have tried MPP, and I have tried BACP.

I have no idea what my ISP is using on their end, which I realize would make this a lot easier... but I do know that my 3com access builder 500 worked fine to add the second B-channel based on usage.

I'm looking for info like... 'how do I tell if my connection is really MP+, or if MP+ was not available and MP is being used?' and 'how do I tell if the pipeline tried to bring up the second channel but couldn't authenticate it', or 'known problems with various releases of pipeline firmware' and things like that.

http://www.shopping.altavista.com