On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> The Radius attribute 18 message is not put in any PPP packet.
> Feel free to write an RFC to do it. I think it would be very useful.
> PPP EAP has the potential to do the job.

It's already there.  You can put a message in the PPP/PAP payload.  Most
system just discard it though.  Some linux PPP builds will send it to
syslog and from there it's up to however syslog.conf is configure to where
it goes. I used to be able to do that with Linux dialing into a
PortMaster.  Windows just discards the message.

--
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen at lucentradius.com> <kinnen at lucent.com>
[RADIUS Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies INS