At 09:56 PM 10/3/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>I have an old Pipeline 50 (1SBRI-E) model with the slide switch at the
>back.  Its running verson 4.5, and I want to upgrade to 4.6 then 5.0
>etc.  The documentation I can find explains that to do this via TFTP, you
>need to CNTL-D into the DO menu, then select D for diagnostics.  But my
>software does not have an option for DIAGNOSTICS.
>Does this mean that this software can only be upgrade by the serial
>connection with X-modem ?.  Believe or not I don't have a  serial lead
>that fits the connections, and I hoped TFTP would be possible.

Instead of Control-D, you use (in rapid sequnce) the keys as shown below.
Once you get above 5.0A then you can use the Control-D process:

TFTP is executed as a command in the "debug" mode.  To enter debug, hit
Control-D, and then "D" for Diagnostic mode.  If you are on software
previous to 5.0A, you must enter debug with the "ESC [ ESC =" key
sequence.  This key sequence must be entered in less than one second.

Then run your: Tload {TFTP Server Address} load-name

>Any help greatly appreciated.
>
>Tony
>++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
>To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com