888.449.5766
800.795.2814
fax: 321.308.7986
mailto:dpascarella at solunet.com
www.solunet.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Philipp Buehler [mailto:lists at fips.de]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 6:45 AM
To: ascend-users at bungi.com
Subject: (ASCEND) Modem debugging MAX2000/6000

Hello,

(sorry for maybe asking FAQ stuff, but www.nealis.net seems to be
 currently down)

I have about 25% "short dialins", say people are only online
for about 1-1.5minutes.
Those short times are bound to modem-users, all ISDN dialups stay
way longer.

Additionally I can see in Diag 'avm':
[..]
Modem 2:8, 1985 calls, 441 bad, last 32 calls = 3ff6ffed dir=3
Modem 2:13, 2016 calls, 445 bad, last 32 calls = bffffefd dir=3
Modem 3:3, 699 calls, 164 bad, last 32 calls = bfbfeb1d dir=3
[..]

Searched for that and found multiple references that this *can* be
bound to incompatible V.90/X2 modems on the dialup side.
Other references to "dead" modems are not likely, since:
Modems on suspect list:
Modems on disabled list:
Modems on dead list:
Modems on busy list:

So, I need more "debug" to see, where/why the failures/hangups and those
"bad" calls are coming from. pppif and pppfsm have been of no help
for now.

Any clues? TIA..

ciao
--
Philipp Buehler, aka fips | sysfive.com GmbH | BOfH | NUCH | <double-p>

#1: Break the clue barrier!
#2: Already had buzzword confuseritis ?
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com