>From: Paul Gregg <lists-mail-isp-ascend-users at pgregg.com>
>
>Hi all,

<entire class>
Hi Paul!
</entire class>

>I have an APX8000 (as an replacement to a Portmaster4) and have it doing
>most things I previously had the PM4 doing.
>admin> ver
>Software version 9.0.2
>
>I have the unit setup to apply filters to dialup calls (if the APX doesn't
>have a filter, it will get it via RADIUS) - all this is working fine.
>
>However, on many accounts, I don't specify a filter in the RADIUS auth reply
>at all - but when I do a "filterdisp" I see:
>admin>  filterdisp
>ID   Username    Src    Route-Filter  Data-Filter   Call-Filter   TOS-Filter
>-
>054  idsystems.clext                     < filters present >
>056  dc0375      ext                     < filters present >
>100  os0166      ext                     < filters present >
>153  hiltonmeats.ext                     < filters present >
>199  befriending.ext                     < filters present >
>207  dr0488      ext                     < filters present >
>...etc
>
>So my question is, why does filterdisp say filters are present when
>they aren't (or shouldn't) - and shouldn't it actually display the name
>of the filter applied instead of just "< filters present >" ?

It used to display correctly, up until at least 7.2.0. In 8.0.1,
RADIUS-assigned filters either stopped working at all or stopped
being displayed by filterdisp--at least for us. We opened a ticket on
this in March of 2000. In 9.0.0, <filters present> showed up, which
was an improvement but still broken compared to 7.2.0. We are now
running 9.0.3, and the problem remains.

Note that this only affects RADIUS profiles: local profiles have
their filters shown correctly.

We run a Max TNT, not an APX, but the code is the same.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor at infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/

"Where's my burrito?" -- Homer