Dear friends,

As part of our mission to communicate complete, accurate, timely, and
easy-to-use information, we are conducting one-question surveys of our
documentation users. Thanks to those of you who responded to our first two
messages. Your responses have helped assure us that learning about you and
how you use our products' technical documentation will help improve it.

Here is our third user needs question:

Currently, we provide a mix online and printed documentation for Lucent
units. As you perform configuration and administration tasks, which do you
find more useful: online or printed?

Please respond to survey-ins at lucent.com with your answer. In your email,
please also let us know if you (or your organization) would like to
participate in further user needs evaluation efforts such as our full (15
minutes) user needs survey.

Rest assured that this survey question is not an evaluation of you or your
skills. Your answers will be tabulated anonymously and used only to help us
understand the knowledge and experience of users in general.

Sincerely,

David Gravelle and
The User Needs Evaluation Team
Lucent Integrated Network Solutions Technical Communication

David Gravelle
Senior Technical Writer, Technical Communications
Lucent Technologies
InterNetworking Systems
Telephone:      (801) 799-6030
Fax:            (801) 799-6000