Hi Alex

Are the 4x30 modem cards the only modem cards you have? do you have the
older  MX-SL-16MOD-S56 cards you can try?

The diagnostic command I was referring to is "Lanport Modem" which you can
type from the diagnostics prompt (CTRL-D, D). For your information I have
copied the section from the relevant max6k manual below (Administration
Guide).

cheers
paul

MAX Administration Guide B-37

Lanport Modem

in the MAX unit.
Each time you enter avm, you get a snapshot of current modem states and the
recent history for
each modem. The command is particularly helpful in troubleshooting modem
connection
problems, for which you must focus on the ability of individual modems to
successfully
connect with dial-in users.

A call is noted as successful if modem handshaking (training) and
authentication are
successful.

A call is noted as "bad" if modem handshaking fails at any point in the
initial call set-up, or if
the dial-in user does not successfully log in.
The dir parameter indicates the direction of the last call into each modem.
It can have the
following settings:

1-Call direction unknown.
2-Call was outgoing.
3-Call was incoming.

A modem is moved to the suspect list if its first four calls are bad, or if
it experiences eight bad
calls in a row. Modems on the suspect list can still be used if all free
modems are in use. Any
subsequent successful call to a suspect modem places that modem back on the
free list.

Note: A call that has been categorized as bad does not necessarily indicate
a modem problem
with the MAX unit. Poor line quality, software problems with the calling
modem, wrong
numbers, and forgotten passwords all can generate calls that appear as bad
calls but have
nothing to do with modems on the MAX unit.

Usage: Enter lanport modem at the command prompt.

Example: In the following display, an 8-mod modem card is located in slot 8
of the MAX
unit. Modems 8:5 and 8:6 are in use. Modems 8:2, 8:3, 8:4, 8:7, and 8:8 are
idle and available
to accept calls. Modem 1 has been disabled by the V.34 Modem > Modem Diag >
Modem #1
parameter.

> lanport modem
Modems on free list:
Modem 8:4, 70 calls, 6 bad, last 32 calls = ffdffbfc dir=3
Modem 8:8, 54 calls, 1 bad, last 32 calls = ffffffff dir=3
Modem 8:3, 63 calls, 1 bad, last 32 calls = fffbffff dir=3
Modem 8:2, 74 calls, 1 bad, last 32 calls = ffffffff dir=3
Modem 8:7, 64 calls, 2 bad, last 32 calls = ffbfffbf dir=3
Modems on suspect list:
Modem 8:1, 57 calls, 0 bad, last 32 calls = ffffff00 dir=3
Modems on disabled list:
Modems on dead list:
Modems on busy list:
Modem 8:5, 65 calls, 2 bad, last 32 calls = fffffffd dir=3
Modem 8:6, 58 calls, 1 bad, last 32 calls = ffffffff dir=3

Looking at modem 4 on slot 8 (designated 8:4), the eight-digit hexadecimal
number has to be
converted to binary to indicate how many of the last 32 calls were
successful:
ffdffbfc = 11111111110111111111101111111100

The zeroes show that modem 8:4 has had four unsuccessful calls, including
the last two calls.
After the hexadecimal number, dir=3 indicates that the last call was an
incoming call.

> No, I think It`s a MAX OS (TAOS) error, or a unit error - becouse some
> my friends use MAX 6000 and have a simple problems..
> Your (lucent) support recommend Me to install TAOS 9.0.9...
> but this bug is in the 9.0.9 to...
> You say about line fault - but I check it with my phone
> operator, trunk is UP, and work property.
> I have a 4x30 ditial modem cards, and I try to remove one or
> two cards,  change slot - but bug is permanetly.
>

>But How I CAN CHECK HARDWARE?
>I`m not a tech lab (for example - lucent tech lab...)
>Unit worked, but this bug with suspect...
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com