Hi Paul,
Actually, my main goal is to control the users by
using VLAN's. Using different Vlans will help us to
restrict some services for special users. In other
words, the customer(a University) wants to enable all
the services for campus housing users. But, he also
wants to restrict those dial-up users that calling
from outside the campus to use email service only.
  We can move all the lines from outside the campus to
one Modem card, and if the idea is possible, we'll
create a special VLAN for those users.

please advice...

Jack

--- "Robinson, Paul (Paul)" <pr6 at lucent.com> wrote:

> hi Jack
>
> I don't think this is possible, or if it is, not
> easy to implement.
>
> I am guessing your reasons for doing this is simply
> a matter of even
> distribution of ethernet load. If you really want to
> do something like this
> perhaps you can look into doing in on a trunk by
> trunk basis. This would
> still be difficult but I can envision ways to do
> this (disclaimer: albeit
> untested).
>
> I am in a hurry at the moment so I can't go into
> detail but I can perhaps
> elaborate later if you are interested.
>
> Thanks and regards
> paul