From: Troy Settle [mailto:troy at psknet.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 7:06 PM
To: 'Vilmos Branyik'; ascend-users at max.bungi.com
Subject: [Ascend] RE: (ASCEND) Don't all 4000's support 56k? and one
more thing

On the 4000 not recognizing the 56k modems.  Make sure you have a 56k
load installed, this is indicated by a 'k' in the firmware file name.
Recommend the latest release of ftik.m40 (depending on the features you
need).

For the other, if it was originally a 4002, it may have been rehashed to
enable wan 3 and 4 due to damage to wan ports 1 or 2 (I once had a 4002
with all 4 ports enabled, but wan2 was damaged).

HTH,

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks