On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Jeremy Bushman wrote:

> I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I have a Max 6096
> that appears to have a defunct console port. As far as I know the box has
> no config on it. Is there a way to force the console to work or test it
> somehow? Is it even possible that it is disabled via the software?

I have the same problem with one of my routers. The serial port is dead. I
can telnet into it so I know it still works. The only thing that might
work for you is the configuration program that came on the Ascend Max
Companion cd. It looks like version 1.1 supported the Max 6000. You
should be able to plug it into the network, have NavisConnect detect it,
and assign an IP address so you can telnet in and configure it the rest of
the way.

ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Software-Releases/NavisConnect/Windows/1.1/

Of course the best solution is to just get it fixed...

--
Steve Haavik