On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 03:04:29PM -0400, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
| 	Netmeeting, in general, is an abomination of an application. That
| being said, it does not work through NAT because the remote machine needs
| to be able to establish a connection back to the netmeeting requestor.
| I.E. both machines need the ability to establish connections to each
| other, and thus the machine behind the NAT server is SOL.

Oh, I know all about the evil that is NetMeeting (even if I can't spell it).
I know that some NAT implementations (e.g. Cisco PIX) can deal with goofy
protocols like this one, usually in combination with static port forwarding.
I just have a customer trying to do it behind a Pipe50, and Lucent's
documentation is pretty sparse on precisely which oddball protocols their
NAT can handle.

| 	Several people have developed Netmeeting proxy servers that can
| help, but last time I checked none of them ran on the Pipeline. Here is an
| example:
|
| http://www.dialupaudio.com/dualgatekeeper.html

Thanks for the pointer.  You're right that this will not work in conjunction
with a Pipeline/NAT setup.  I was mostly looking for someone to confirm that
the Pipeline can't do it, which you have kindly done.  Thanks again.

-James

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com