They have been warning of discontinued support for some time, however, the
csmx cards are in fact still supported through TAOS Release 10.0.1, which
is a paid release. The latest free version, 9.0.9, still supports these
cards as well.

Any compatibility issues you speak of should be addressed in the TAOS
Release Notes, but I successfully run mixed environments of csmx, csm3v,
madd, and madd-2 cards all on the same chassis.

-Nick

# If you got two copies, I apologize.  I was told to trim all the signature
nonsense and resend.

At 11:50 AM 6/4/2002 -0700, Joe Max wrote:
>I'd go with the multi-dsp cards. The csmx cards are not even supported in
>the newest versions of TAOS.
>
>However, you should check with Lucent about any incompatibility
>when types of cards are present on the same chassis.
>

>>From: Joe Pautler <pautler at lurch.cit.buffalo.edu>
>>Subject: (ASCEND) TNT - csmx cards vs multi-dsp cards
>>Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:11:41 -0400
>>

>>I have a MAX TNT chassis (running 9.0.9) that terminates v.90 modem calls
>>that it receives via a T3.  In other words, the chassis has a T3 feeding
>>into it, an ethernet card, and a bunch of modem cards.
>>
>>Currently 20 T1's are active on the T3.  All modem cards currently
>>installed are 48-port single-slot csmx cards.
>>
>>I'm going to buy another modem card, and enable some additional T1's.
>>The question is, what modem card should I buy?  I have yet to obtain
>>any pricing, but my hunch is that the 96-port multi-dsp card doesn't
>>cost twice as much as the 48-port csmx card.  If that is true,
>>is there any reason I should shy away from the multi-dsp
>>card?
>>
>>At this time, all I need is the ability to terminate 56kbps v.90
>>modem connections, but additional functionality (v.92, ISDN, etc) for the
>>same price is always a good thing.
>>
>>Thanks...
>>
>>-Joe

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++