> From: eric at cirr.com (Eric Schnoebelen)
> Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 11:29:35 -0500
> Subject: Re: (ASCEND) Multi Linking Problem
>
> up at 3.am writes:
> - - On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
> - - >   You need to enable stacking on the maxen.  I have no
> - - > idea where it shows up on the 3000 and the 6000, but on the
> - - > 1800's (which I use), it is under:
> - - >           Ethernet->Mod Config->Stack Options
> - - >
> - - >   Define the stack name, and enable stacking, and it
> - - > should ``just work''.
> - -
> - - I just looked at this and noticed that my Max 6k running TAOS 9.0.2 has
> - - another option there for a Multicast address, and has an IANA multicast
> - - address in there (239.192.74.72) whereas the 4k doesn't show this option
> - - at all.  Perhaps it's hard-coded?
>
>         There is an option for multi-cast address in TAOS 7.2.4
> on the MAX1800 as well.  It wasn't there in TAOS 7.0.22 (as I
> recall.)  What TAOS is running on the 4000?  (I _think_ 7.x.x
> was the last release for both the 1800 and the 4k.)

You can stack any Ascend box with any other Ascend box,
MAX, TNT or APX, as long as they are all running the
same TAOS version. TNT/APX must run 7.2 or greater
for stacking. The multicast address must be set to
the same address for all boxes in the same stack.
You can leave it at the default.
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com