Help.  I can't get admin access to my production TNT since an ethernet card
install and firmware upgrade.  I followed my own well documented
instructions as used in previous firmware updates.

I get messages like this while attempting to login from either a telnet
session or the console port:

User: admin
Password:
Login incorrect
Remote Authentication server timeout.

I do have SNMP write access from restricted hosts so I also tried Patrick
Marshalls excellent advice (from the archives) to reset the config as follows:

-------------------
If you know the RW SNMP community string then you can tftp the config via
SNMP set commands.

Set the ip address of the tftp Server
snmpset tnt write .1.3.6.1.4.1.529.9.5.3.0 a 100.100.100.100

Set the filename for the tnt to save
snmpset tnt write .1.3.6.1.4.1.529.9.5.4.0 s tnt-config

set the save command.
snmpset tnt write .1.3.6.1.4.1.529.9.5.1.0 i 3

---------------------------------
It appeared to work flawlessly from my allowed server but I still could not
log-in as admin.  I power cycled the tnt to reload the config and I still
could not log-in as admin.

from my saved TNT config file - password changed - the rest is accurate

; saving profiles of type USER
new USER
set name = admin
set password = password
set allow-termserv = yes
set allow-system = yes
set allow-diagnostic = yes
set allow-update = yes
set allow-password = yes
set allow-code = yes
set idle-logout = 60
set log-display-level = error
write -f
;
new USER
set name = default
write -f

Any advice would be appreciated.  Do I have to nindy this thing?  Is there
a bug in 10.0.0 that does not allow admin rights?

Many thanks,

Tom

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com