On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, James Sneeringer wrote:

> I know, it's bad form to reply to yourself.
>
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 01:14:44PM -0500, James Sneeringer wrote:
> | Can anyone confirm whether the Pipeline 50 (using any version of TAOS)
> | supports NetMeeting, and if so, to what extent?  It appears not to work
> | for video, at least 7.3.4, but I was hoping someone else out there could
> | validate that.  Thanks in advance.
>
> In case it wasn't apparent, I meant NetMeeting through NAT.
>
> -James

James,
	Netmeeting, in general, is an abomination of an application. That
being said, it does not work through NAT because the remote machine needs
to be able to establish a connection back to the netmeeting requestor.
I.E. both machines need the ability to establish connections to each
other, and thus the machine behind the NAT server is SOL.
	Several people have developed Netmeeting proxy servers that can
help, but last time I checked none of them ran on the Pipeline. Here is an
example:

http://www.dialupaudio.com/dualgatekeeper.html

--
    Vice President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio
           http://www.nacs.net   info at nacs.net   (216)-619-2000