>From: "Mikko Laakso" <mikko.laakso at jippiigroup.com>
>
>Does anyone else have problems with dslmax ether-ports? For some reason the
>port just seems to "freeze"
>and to make it more strange, this does not occure in every max, just a few,
>no matter how many/few connections we have on the max. Ideas anyone? The max
>is connected to cisco catalyst 2924, we have changed the duplex and speed
>settings but nothing helps.

We've seen that too. In our case, it was the use of filters _an
another port_ (T1 in our case) that broke Ethernet. You'll see
strange stuff with 'show arp' where it can't even resolve devices on
its local network. Removing the filters fixed it.

When it occurred with us we swapped the DSL Max 20 with another and
the problem occurred on the new one. More proof that it wasn't
hardware.

OTOH, we've applied other filters with no difficulty on those Max 20s
and others.

On a DSL Terminator 100, applying a filter to a lightly-loaded
Ethernet port caused ping times through any interface on the box to
exceed 4000 ms.

I opened tickets on all this stuff years ago, but nothing ever
happened other than, occasionally, an engineer would call me and
promise to fix everything.
--

Peter Lalor