888.449.5766
800.795.2814
fax: 321.308.7986
mailto:dpascarella at solunet.com
www.solunet.com

-----Original Message-----
From: David Winkler [mailto:dwinkler at ala.net]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 6:18 PM
To: ascend-users at bungi.com
Subject: (ASCEND) MAX6000 Question

Hi.

I am in the process of upgrading 4 MAX6000s from software load 6.1.7
to 7.2.3. I was able to upgrade 3 of the MAXs but the 4th MAX seems
to be having issues. When I did the upgrade, I received no error messages
and CRC checks passed. When I try to access my second NET/T1 interface on
the menu, I now get a message that says 'Interface not available on Unit.'

If I go back to the 6.1.7 load, I am able to access this interface. I have
tried reinstalling the 7.2.3 more then once, thinking that it might have
loaded incorrectly, but I have to return to the 6.1.7 to access all my
interfaces.

I am using the tbaxkh.m60 loads of 6.1.7 and 7.2.3.

I am using TFTP for the upgrade.

I followed the suggested upgrade procedures provided in the documentation.

IE: tsave then tloadcode then fsave then nvramclear

Any incite on this problem would be appreciated.

Regards.

David Winkler
Network Administrator
Alanet Internet Services