Hello,
	I run an ISP in Cleveland, Ohio and am at the point where it makes
sense to migrate off of my bank of PM3 units. I have had great service,
stability and performance from the Lucent PM3 units, but since they are
EOL w/ no upgrade path, and I need to update my capacity, I am seriously
looking at the possibility of replacing the units with either Cisco or
Lucent APX gear. The incredible availability and low cost of used APX and
TNT Max gear has me looking seriously at the platform.
	I have been, and continue to be, a Livingston PM3 biggot.
Livingston did a Case Study on our organization several years back, and
quite frankly I have always been extremely happy with the PM3 units.
However, as our company continues to acquire new customer bases, I have
been forced with the management and ongoing support issues that are
inherent in units that take only 2 T-1 lines. Right now, I have a DS-3 w/
24 T1 lines muxed out into 12 PM3 units. It is a pain in the ass to manage
the 96 cables that connect these units to my power, network and MUX. I
would like a single box that handles all of this.
	That being said, I need to find a unit that will take a DS-3 and
will provide room to grow. I need to be able to offer V.90 and ISDN on any
port and would also like the ability to terminate T-1 circuits on the
unused DS3 channels. I am very much concerned about the modem
compatability that the units will give me. The biggest gripe I have with
the PM3 is that it has issues with certain modems. I know all access
servers have their problems, but if I am going to switch platforms, I want
to go with the one that provides the widest level of compatibility with
the modems that are out there.

In a nutshell, here is what I need to do with the unit:

1. Inbound V.90 and ISDN on all ports.
2. Outbound ISDN capability
3. Radius Support for AUTH/ACCT
4. DS-3 termination and de-muxing
5. Dual Redundant AC Power Supplies
6. Ability to terminate T1 circuits via DS3

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am all ears!

--
    Vice President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio
           http://www.nacs.net   info at nacs.net   (216)-619-2000