I have a Max 4048 that is rebooting itself and I'm attempting to set up
logging but can't seem to get it to work. I think my set up in the max is
right but was hoping someone on the list would point out any mistake I've
made.

Here are the settings on my Max:

Syslog=Yes
Log Host = 10.0.0.145
Log Port = 514
Log Facility = Local0
Log Software Version = No
Log CallInfo = EndOfCall

On my Linux box in the syslog.conf I added the following line:

Local0.*           /var/log/MAX

I restarted my syslog which created the MAX file in the log directory but
nothing is appears to be getting to it. I checked my messages file and can't
seem to find anything in it that helps. I also tried with the CallInfo set
to None.

Syslog is running because it's logging everything else.

Thanks

Matt Branyik

Pioneer PC Associates
www.piopc.net