Attached is a shell script which polls a Max 4000 or 6000 through SNMP and
returns the status of T1 lines and the number of users connected.  It is
designed to be used from the command line and has been tested on RedHat
Linux 7.1 only.  It requires the net-snmp package which can be found at
http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net .

I will be grateful for any feedback on this script.  I'm not real good at
shell programming, so I'm sure there are much better ways of doing some of
the procedures.

I have also written a version which works wonderfully with the Big Brother
monitoring system and will post it soon, but would like to see if there is
any feedback on this command line version first.  I borrowed some of the
code for this script from one called snmp written by Sean MacGuire
(author/maintainer of Big Brother: www.bb4.com )

Dennis Duval