From: Dennis Duval [mailto:skipmax at seacove.net]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 2:19 PM
To: ascend-users at bungi.com
Subject: [Ascend] Re: (ASCEND) Curiosity??

> There is, on average, a 3 minute time to reach 80% of the subscribers.
> 100% of the mail is delivered within 24 hours.  All of the delay past
> 3 minutes is due to the recipient's mail system being down, broken, or
> poor connectivity.

Sorry, but I don't agree with these numbers.  I have found this list to be
the slowest list of some 10 or so that I subscribe to, resulting in
sometimes difficult discussions on this list.  Even the headers of the
letter from your posting shows that bungi.com held it for nearly 10 minutes
before sending it to my mail server, which has very good connectivity and
availablity.  Often it takes 30 minutes or an hour to see my own postings to
this list, which always leave my mail server with a few seconds of sending.

I have not, however, seen any messages being sent after extremely long
periods, such as a month delay.

FWIW, I'm sending this posting at 13:18 CST

Dennis Duval