[In the message entitled "RE: [Ascend] Re: (ASCEND) Curiosity??" on Nov 11, 16:17, DPascarella at solunet.com writes:]
> You can see from my outgoing header that the message is dated October 15 and
> was posted (globally) on November 11th.  I don't think my connection is THAT
> slow or our email server is causing the problem.  Anything's possible, but I
> send/receive e-mails all over the world, everyday...all day. I never have to
> wait for more than a few seconds at the most.  Anyway, I just wanted to
> throw it "out there" and see if anyone else was having the same experience.
> If so, I hope the feedback can be used to improve things, if needed.  I
> enjoy this list and would like to contribute to it in any way.

There is no place for a message to be held on my systems for longer than
24 hours.  The message you quoted is in the archives for last month, in
the correct sequence.  Here's the headers from it.  You sent it 16:55:39,
it hit my gateway at 13:55:24, and went for distribution at 13:55:26.

If you didn't get it until today, your mailer is broken, your software
is broken, someone on your system restored some backups, or some other
glitch happened on your network...

My mail logs don't go back that far, so I can't confirm when your system
received it, but there is no chance that it was held here, in any fashion,
for over 24 hours.

From: DPascarella at solunet.com