I have several BRI lines coming into the house feeding an
MAX1800, it has come to the point where I need to upgrade the MAX
as it no longer handshakes with the MAX4004 on the other end.
I am not sure what happened but they tell me I need to upgrade the
MX1800 from 4.6cp8 something 6.x or later, I chose to use 7.0.28.

Piece of Cake, I grabbed a laptop, connected up and and much to
my dismay CtL'D does not give me  Download as an option ?

I don't care about the existing config, so I pop the box open,
set the jumper, switched to 56k and powered up forcing a Nindy.

Got the Nindy banner and prompt => as expected but then it just
sits ignoring all Input. :(

I refuse to be slowed down, so I run over to the shop and grab a
MX2000 that I robbed the 56k cards from last year, and an 8BRIT
card and head home with a big smile on my face.

To make a long story short, it turns out the MX2000 was "scraped"
and written off the books well over a year ago and the "Password"
is now lost. So I pop the top, plug the jumper, start Nindy and it
responds just like the MX1800 just sitting there ignoring all input.

Thinking my laptop was getting even with me for my ignoring it, ,
I grabbed a Pipeline 75, poped the cover, and Nindyed sucessfully.
A second try with both the 1800 and 2000, produced no joy.
I did a second P85 which is now holding one line up untill I get the
1800 or 2000/8brit working.

I plan on picking up a second bare MX2000 later this afternoon.
That way I have a spare to destroy, if I reach "that magic point",
this weekend :(

I hope someone can point out what I am overlooking !

It has been several years since I kicked this sleeping dog,
I should not be supprised that I got bit :)

Thanks in advance,

Bob

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com