From: Øystein Homelien [mailto:oystein at homelien.no]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 4:05 PM
To: DPascarella at solunet.com
Cc: ascend-users at bungi.com
Subject: RE: [Ascend] (ASCEND) ascend tnt hdlc2ec cards _hanging_
temporar ily

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 DPascarella at solunet.com wrote:

> Have you done the old swap slot/card/chassis thing?  When you say hang, do

Yes, and the problem persists across all the TNTs have, so I guess this
must be fixable somehow since it is not a one-box issue.

> see the hdlc2ec bouncing? (down, reset, load, boot, post).  How about your

No, it does not bounce.  uptime -a shows long uptime, etc.

> fatal-history log or syslog info?  It's hard to believe that there is

Nothing.

> NOTHING in these logs after what you have described happens.  Does it
happen
> only when you are in the card (open n n )? Again, debugging on a heavily

Both when I am on the card and when I am not.

> loaded multishelf set doing tunneling may have made the SCM burp on you,
> etc.  Of course, if this happens even when the slot is closed and no
> debugging is on, that'd be a null issue.  Are you running 9.0.9 for a
> specific reason or can you downgrade to 9.0.6?

We are running 9.0.9 because we always have various small issues that we
would like to fix (bad connects, tnts need to be rebooted every week or
they start refusing more and more isdn calls per hour, etc.).  So we try
to keep running the newest bugfixes if there is an indication that
something we need to fix has been fixed in the release notes.

Is there anything specific about 9.0.6 that would make it a good release
to test?  As I said, we have also tested with 9.0.4 (that we ran
previously, without having this problem) but the problem still persists.
I am not sure when the problem started appearing, since as you see uptime
and logs show nothing about the problem.  We just discovered it because
customers complained about packet loss, and then we started debugging more
closely.

Thanks for your reply though :-)  I had hoped that a Lucent employee would
spot us and start taking care of this, though...

Oystein Homelien, CVO             |  oystein at powertech.no
PowerTech Information Systems AS  |  http://www.powertech.no/
Nedre Slottsgate 5, N-0157 OSLO   |  tel: +47-23-010-010, fax: +47-2220-0333
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com