Hi all,

I'm hoping that some still read this list out there.  I've
got a very strange issue with a group of users.  Let me
first start with what I had.

2 MaxTNT's with 96 port modem cards and 2 8 port T1 cards.
We received all of our PRI's from the local telco.

We then purchased our own telco switch to handle our PRI's
and stop paying the local telco.  So now we get trunks from
the LEC, which I then turn into PRI's to service our TNT's.

At the same time I switched from using the 8 port T1 cards
to using a channelized DS3 card.

My problem is with the new set up, 99% of my customers work
just fine.  However, it would appear that almost all of my
Mac clients can't connect, they get a 185/30 for the
disconnect/progress code.  According to Ascend 185/30 =

 The TAOS unit received the user's modem call and allocated a
 modem to answer the call. Before completing modem
 negotiation, the TAOS unit could not detect any signal from
 the user's computer modem, probably because the modems
 had marginal line quality. Because the TAOS unit's modem
 has a digital connection to its local CO, the poor line quality
 occurred between the user's modem and its local CO. The
 problem might also have been caused by an incompatibility
 between the modems.

These customers can connect at speeds slower than ~40k, but
never connect at higher.  The weird part is that a Windows
laptop works just fine at 49k on their phone line.

To add to the weirdness, I now have one ISDN customer (using
a windows PC) that can connect at 56K, but not at 64K.  They
get the exact same 185/30 as the Mac people.

So I don't see how it can be phone line related since the
ISDN user has digital lines, and we have digital PRI's.

Please help me before I loose all my hair and have a flat spot
on my head from banging it on the wall.

Thanks.

David A. Niblett               | eMail: niblettda at gru.net
Network Administrator          | Phone: (352) 334-3400
Gainesville Regional Utilities | Web: http://www.gru.net/

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com