>From: "Jim Dingler" <dinglerj at nycap.rr.com>
>
>Hi, I got this email from ftp://202.104.20.234/pub/cisco/ios/

I can't get in there so I don't know what are you talking about.

>My name is Jim
>
>I am try to setup a isdn switch between cisco devices and
>isdn network cards.
>
>, I have a max 2000 setup with a
>host/BRI card , I can get ISDN connections using
>the trunk group code 2XY x=sloy y=port to connect.
>ie the dial number is 231,232,233 etc  2 for local trunk group mode,
>3 is card slot and 1 is port interface of that slot.
>but when I try to setup a phone number on that line
>the Max switch will not answer. I have read the manual
>numerous times. Trunk Groups are on , Dial-dial = 6
>switch type nt-i.  Do you have any quick suggestions
>on how to use phone numbers on the switch, a 6000 is
>the same kind of switch ??

Yes, the 6000 uses the same TAOS software as the 2000. The main
differences are in the feature set and the number of ports.

I guess I'm not sure I understand what are you trying to do.
Are you trying to dial into the 2000? Or are you trying to
use the 2000 to simulate a PBX? The 2000 is a RAS that it can
be convinced to play other roles but it is not a PBX.

>I also cannot get a pipeline 50 to reset.
>When I do a ef  it gives me a Pipeline 4 wire statement.
>
>But will not take a df download flash, on 1k-Xmodem-g It
>goes as far as 30% then states error 07 illegal command call
>Ive tried 4 different verisons of the same file that is loaded  b.p50.
>
>The Pipeline will always reboot with a configuration,
>
>** It acts like ef is doing nothing.  **
>
>The normal xmodem will not download to the router.
>
>Do you have or know anyone who might have any solutions ???

First question: are you entering nindy?
The 'ef' and 'df' commands are valid only on nindy mode
(which requires opening the case and jumpering two pins which
will void any warranty you may have).

Second question: there are two kinds of Pipeline 50: the "old"
one (with a sliding switch on the back) and the "new" one,
without the sliding switch. Depending on which one you have,
you may need a different load.