Hey guys, I have a small issue to deal with and I was looking for your help.  Forgive me if this question has already been answered.  I spent a few hours looking through your lists and have still not figured out the solution to my question.  I'm fairly new to Ascend equipment so please be kind.  Here goes...
I have an Ascend 6096 with 2 16 bank modem cards tied to a PRI running TAOS 8.0.3.  It has ISDN sig installed and data call enabled.  All authentication requests for 28.8 - 56k modem dialup communication validate through or Radius server as necessary and connections are established.  I now try to connect with an ISDN router using PAP.  Our Ascend 6096 / and Radius server is configured for PAP.  I try to connect to the 6096 via ISDN from a remote location.  The message log displays the following:
Assigned to port
<telephonenum>

Call Connected

Call Terminated

(Total time is about 1/2 - 1 second)
After this the connection ends and restarts with the same error as above.  The show isdn command states the following:

NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16  B1  #9999999
NL: ANSWER REQUEST: B1
NL: CALL CONNECTED  B1  #9999999
NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16  B1  #9999999
NL: ANSWER REQUEST: B1
NL: CALL CONNECTED  B1  #9999999
NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16  B1  #9999999
NL: ANSWER REQUEST: B1
NL: CALL CONNECTED  B1  #9999999
NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16  B1  #9999999
NL: ANSWER REQUEST: B1
NL: CALL CONNECTED  B1  #9999999
NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16  B1  #9999999
NL: ANSWER REQUEST: B1
NL: CALL CONNECTED  B1  #9999999
NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16  B1  #9999999
NL: ANSWER REQUEST: B1
NL: CALL CONNECTED  B1  #9999999
NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16  B1  #9999999
NL: ANSWER REQUEST: B3

(9999999 is the phone number I took out ours for obvious reaons)
My first thoughts was an issue with Radius.  My Radius server displays no error message of failed logins or any of the such.  Which I thought was quite strange.  So I went ahead and did a tcpdump on the Radius Server...stranger yet...the radius server is not even getting any information during the login process.
So we are stuck back at square one...
We get connected...
We get our port...
We get disconnected...
We never authenticate through this process.

Possible senerios we have come up with...
1.  The auth time is too short for the ISDN to authenticate...how do I lengthen this?  And if this is the case why does 56k authenticate?

2.  PAP will not work for some reason?  This dialup router has been used in the past with PAP though so this reason is quite possibly out of the question, unless there is some issue I am not aware of with .

3.  A Telco Problem?  We have called them.  They have stated there is nothing wrong with the line.  They are doing more testing tomarrow to verify.  (still up in the air)

4.  For some strange reason unknown, it drops all ISDN connections once it realizes they are a data call?  Seeing that 56k access works perfectly this is something that makes sense but in theory only...seeing that we have no clue how to verify this.

Any help would be great guys.
Thanks for reading.
-Kyle
bt at wantoolbox.com

ps  The ISDN Router we are using is a cisco 804.  It has been used to connect to 3 other ISPS with no issues.