On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Brian Goodenow wrote:

	You need to adjust the end users modem.

AT+MS=V34 disables V.90
AT+MS=V90,0,,,44000,52000  - specifies V.90 between 44k & 52k
AT+MS=K56,0 select 56K Flex

On Older modems trp
AT+MS=11,1 or AT+MS=11,0

The junkier modems seem to get confused quite easily, forcing them to
a particular protocol generally clears them up.

Additionally
AT+PMHT=1  disables Modem on Hold.

Hopes this helps

Craig

}We have completed an upgrade on our TNT for V92 and we're finding that
}some users with older modems are no longer able to establish a
}connection with us.  In particular, those with HSF Micro modems fail
}consistently.  These have a PCTEL chipset, commonly found in Compaq
}Presario 5000 & 7000 computer.  We've tried applying driver updates to
}these systems, but we have yet to find a way to make them work.  Has
}anyone else experienced this and come up with any solutions?
}
}
}Brian Goodenow
}Net-port ISP