There are a couple of things that come to mind:
1) the max is not hash-coded correctly. Check on the status window, for the
enabled features.
2) some maxes were hash-coded to disable the use of S56 modems.
3) I'm not sure whether E1-R2 needs it, but if the max can't determine the
type of call, it will assume that it is a digital call. If E1-R2 doesn't
tell the MAX
the type of call, then you need to force it by specifying 'Slot=3' on each
and
every one of the E1 channels. Beware though that this setup prevents you
from taking analog and digital calls. If you are going to take analog and
digital
calls, you need a true PRI line.

Hope some of this helps,
-J

>I bought an Ascend MAX 4000 with 2 S56 modem cards. I connected the E1
>from telco to the unit and configured it (R2 signalling and CAS switch,
>G.703 switch as the Telco told me). The problem is it does not answer.
>(users need to dial from Analog modems to this E1 line). When I dial the
>E1 number from analog phone, it waits for about 45 seconds and then gives
>a timeout tone. I have tried every possible parameters with no luck.
>Currently, the status shows L1/TE. Can someone help me make this work?

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com