I'm willing to pay someone who considers themselves an oracle of knowledge
about Max NAS equipment, I really need some help with the following
situation.

My company was hired on a consulting basis to see if we could help another
ISP in a rural community with a problem they were having, basically their
situation is this.

They have 2 Max 6000s (one has 4 modem cards, one has 2 [96 + 48]) they have
5 T1s (they aren't ISDN t1s, like 23 channels) they're some kind of funky
rural T1, I've never seen before, the kind we use are the 24 channels, 1
used for d channel type.

Ok so here is the issue. If all of their lines are enabled at once, their
callers get a loud squeeling sound instead of a modem when they dial, and
the maxes say -c-cc-cc-c instead of ------- or --*-*-*** et cetera. The
phone company says their lines are clear, I even tried taking down one of
our old max 4048s from the basement and plugging that in to see whats going
on but that max 4048 wont even bring up their lines, I guess the 4048s have
different wan interface cards in them than the 6000s do? Whats weird about
this scenario is that my max4048 doesn't have the Front end = csu option,
but their 6000s do, and ascend's documentation say that this is required.

Anyway im having lots of problems with this and I need some help.

Thanks,

-Drew

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com