Hello list.  I am a first time poster, so please be gentle.

I have been getting much headache with my Pipeline.  I am having packet
transfer issues in the order of 15%-20% packet loss through this adaptor.  I
am connecting to Qwest switch as well as ISP.  I receive a static IP /29
block from them.

Background:
I have two Pipelin 75, one running 8.0-101.1 and the other 8.0-101.-2.  Both
experience the same issue.  I have had my line tested with a loopback, 10
min BERT, and a session protocol.  All these tests pass with flying colors.
I have contacted quest.net (my ISP) several times to no avail.  I have
discovered some extended information sbout their setup.

I have replaced my Pipelines with an Intel Ether Express, and had a level 2
tech for these devices come to my house to configure and do not experience
this issue.

This consistent issue happens in either D/L or U/L sessions and has been
happening for a year+.  I monitor the session by pinging my first hop and
graphing the results.  What I see happening is the D/L session begins.  When
the line is completely full of data transfer and my first hop ping replies
are at their highest, I watch the bottom drop out of the transfer and no
more data is transferred, the data light no longer flickers.  After several
seconds, the data transfer recovers itself and continues the transfer (yea
TCP), then again, as the data transfer fills up the line, it will again drop
out.  The actual line(s) stay connected, I am not bumpped for any reason, I
do not have to redial, or reestablish the connection.  If I am D/L a 50M
file in Windows, I see the D/L stats ramp up to 14KB/s.  at the completion
of the D/L, my avg. stats will drop to near 4KB/s for the complete D/L
session.

I was lucky enough to have been able to talk with the Qwest NOC team to
discuss this.  I discovered two things of interest.
1).  I am given a placeholder for the Configure...Rem Addr setting of the
Pipeline.  I have asked several Qwest people if they can tell me the subnet
bit of the placeholder and have come up MT handed.  I currently have the
placeholder set to 207.225.92.6/27.  When I connect, I currently get up to
three different gateway addresses, 67.2.0.19, 67.2.0.18, or 67.2.0.16.  I
believe the only way to be able to have these IPs available is with a /27 or
less bit mask setting which is why I have the placeholder set to /27.
2).  The Qwest NAS runs load balancing between the three 67.2.0.X addresses.
I generally am connected to 67.2.0.16.  What I discovered is that my primary
SPID line is "linked" to 67.2.0.16, however, the seconday SPID line is
offloaded to one of the other two NAS with the use of serial connections
between the NAS and a virtual tunnel.  I am actually "linked" to two
seperate NAS, most if not all of the time.

One additional test I tried was to set the 67.2.0.16 as my Configure...Rem
Addr address, then keep redialing until it is actually my gateway for the
TA.  I thought this would clear up the issue based on 1). above.  No such
luck.

I anticipate any response.

Thank you,
Drew Flickema