I haven't actually bought any in several years. We have an existing
base of equipment, and redeploy them as necessary.

In my experiance the MAX is a great unit. Bullet proof, highly
reliable. I described it to someone earlier today as "fire and forget"
:)

Since there's no OS upgrades legally available, I guess I'll just run
on what I've got - it works fine, I'd just like to be able to puff up
my chest and crow "V.92 support!" :)

It's been a while since we bought any MAX units, but when we were, it
was something like $250 for a 40xx - not a bad price for a highly
reliable 48 port unit.

I might actually be interested in your chassis (as long as it works).
I've got a chassis that has two fried T1 ports on it - could pull the
modems, stuff 'em in that chassis and have a 4 port unit back :)

If anyone on this list has any information regarding OS code for
these, I'd appreciate whatever information you could give me. Feel
free to privately mail if you feel it is more appropriate.

 - Nick