Hello TCLUG--

I just joined the TCLUG and this list a few minutes ago.  I've lived in
Minneapolis for three years, so I don't know what took me so long to join
TCLUG!  I moved here from Missouri and have been a member of a University
of Missouri Linux Users Group for about 6 years and I still keep in touch
via their e-mail lists.  I've been using UNIX for almost 15 years
(starting when I was a grad student at UW-Madison) and I have administered
my own Solaris box for about 10 years (starting as a postdoc at Wash U in
St. Louis).  I am now trying to move everything to Linux and get off of
Solaris altogether.  I spend a lot of time crunching numbers on the MSI
supercomputers (Linux, Solaris, AIX, Irix).  That said, I am a scientist
and not a computer expert, so my knowledge of computing is not very deep
but I have picked up a lot of things over the years.  Today I am an
Assistant Professor in Epidemiology and Community Health at the U and I
live in downtown Minneapolis (but I'll be moving soon to a house somewhere
in the region).  Sorry if that's too much information!

Anyway, that's my story.  I have some questions for you, but I'll put them
in separate messages so that the threads don't get jumbled.

I look forward to our discussions about Linux!

Best,

Mike

http://taxa.epi.umn.edu/~mbmiller/