On Wednesday (04/17/2002 at 11:00AM -0500), Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Chris Elmquist wrote:
> > Oops.  Sorry...  the unit is a model 340 not a 430.  I have my shoes
> > on the wrong feet too...
>
> Dang, that's a nice AP.

yes... and you would not believe how easy it was to toast it this way.

Important safety tip:  If you ever loose the password for this AP or
have to perform any kind of firmware upgrade, make absolutely certain
you follow the procedure that is specific to the firmware version
and bootstrap revision that the unit is currently running.  Someone
here used the wrong procedure-- essentially skipping a step-- which
caused the loss of the Installation Key.  Cisco will just tell you to
go pound sand if you ask them to give you another Installation Key.
They insist that the unit has to be returned to home base to correct
this situation.

> Have you checked with BAWUG or one of those groups? Many of guys there
> with more experience with Cisco than us..

I have not.  It's someone else's problem here now and I was just trying to
help.  They fixed it by buying a Linksys WAP11.

cje

--
Chris Elmquist   mailto:chrise at pobox.com   http://www.pobox.com/~chrise