all-

our submission for the mac os x drawing with oreilly and associates in
mr. matthew genelin.

best of luck to mr. genelin in the final drawing for the mac os x
conference.

for those of you interested in the logistics of picking the winner, i
grepped my tcwug mailbox for from: entries from the past few months

the output was then munged as follows...

egrep -ih '^from: ' * > ~/foo
grep -v sulrich foo > bar ; mv bar foo
perl -pi.bak -e 's/from: //' foo
perl -pi.bak -e 's/\"//g' foo
perl -pi.bak -e 'tr/A-Z/a-z/' foo
sort foo | uniq > bar ; mv bar foo
./rand-pick.pl foo

rand-pick.pl is attached for those of you curious as to the technique
used to select a random name.

i realize that this doesn't remove all duplicates and would tend to
reward those that post from a variety of addresses but i figure what
the heck reward those folks that post frequently with slightly better
odds.

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC