steve ulrich wrote:
> [...]
>  1 - ben kochie and matthew genelin from the university of minnesota
>  have been researching the options available to the group utilizing
>  moos tower at the university of minnesota.  the u of m's ham club is
>  [...]
>  installation of the moos tower node will require doing some tests to
>  determine the feasibility and impact of doing such an installation. a
>  study to determine the range and locations accessible to the moos
>  tower location will be required as well.  this will help to determine

I'm sorry I missed the meeting.

I've installed a data repeater on top of moos tower. I am very
familiar with the location. The radio shack is a considerable distance
from the antenna location sites. Unless we want to flush lots of dB
and $ on feedline, we will need to plan for weatherproof radios, with
remote (low voltage) power remotely supplied. It is a good RF location,
the coverage of the data repeater I mentioned above was excellent.
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634