Spencer Butler <sbutler at ARNAN.com> wrote:

> Is this something the tcwug is interested in? Bob was talking <on IRC> about
> setting up a geek-2-geek wireless backbone. I am more than willing to
> contribute what ever resource I have to this endeavor. However, with my
> current setup, I can not even get a signal from the street to my house. I
> will refrain from giving the lon and lat at this time. Soon, very soon, we
> should get some inter<geek>communication going on. Just a few thoughts.

Well, if you want to build a backbone, you probably need directional
antennas on those access points, so they wouldn't be accessible to the man
on the street..  You could connect up some local APs with omnidirectional
antennas, though.

On the idea of a backbone, though, has anyone found out if it's possible
to multiplex traffic over multiple APs, each using different channels, and
then run them over either the same antenna or adjacent antennas?  ie, have
two APs at each end, each one on different channels, possibly getting 2x
the bandwidth?

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _ __   Curiosity killed the cat,
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__  but for a while I was a