> I strongly oppose blocking any traffic at all.  If you pay for an internet
> connection, you should be able to pass any traffic you want through it
> unmolested.

	I fully agree with you.
	however, I'm considering a situation where we're not necessarily
out to give universal, unrestricted Internet access via wireless link; but
we could (with less cost -- no need to hassle with getting /24s) provide
limited Internet access.
	how about this: if we somehow get ahold of some public IPs, let's
use them. if we don't have them, let's build a system that provides limited
functionality with private IPs; at least until we can get public ones.
	if someone wants to make a go of a commercial enterprise out of
this; let them worry about it. :)

> BGP is typically used as an external routing protocol.  The only reason you
> would want to run BGP internally is if you have a large network with
> internet connections all over in different places, then you could propagate
> your BGP tables internally and traffic would always leave the network at the
> best internet connection for the network you are trying to reach.

	you know, that does actually sound like what we're trying to do. :)
(at least as I see it).

> (I half-slept through
> > those chapters in my networking classes, and even what I
> > didn't sleep through didn't sink in very deep).
> >
> > Carl Soderstrom.
> > --
> > Network Engineer
>
> Scary.  :P

	yeah. just goes to show that most of what you go to college for is
the social experience, and the piece of paper that tells the HR people that
someone has tried to beat you with a cluestick. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises