> QUESTION: How do I make it so that BOTH NETWORKS can share the same
Internet
> connection and be invisible to each other at the same time? Also, I get a
> little confused about the differences between routers and switches.

You can do it by subdividing your netmask, and adjusting your router table.
For example, make one subnet 10.0.0.x/255.255.255.0 and the other
10.0.1.x/255.255.255.0, and add a line to your router table to make sure
both subnets see the router at 10.0.0.1/255.0.0.0. The router will already
be on the greater subnet 10.x.x.x/255.0.0.0.

You can similarly subdivide other IP ranges. No need to stick with default
netmasks.