Alex Hartman wrote:
> I was thinking about andy's design for his WAP11 on a pole, and it seems
> like a pretty good idea, but i had an afterthought on my way home. How will
> you deal with condensation with the humid summers that minnesota is good
> for? Just throw some silica gel packets in there? Or won't that be enough? I
> wouldn't expect too much condensation to get into that little box, but water
> + PoE (or electronics in general) is just bad... heh.

Time will tell, I guess.

I figure there are two approaches to this problem:

	o sealing the case & filling it with dry
	  air/gas.

	o venting.

I went with the venting approach. As long as
humidity is non-condensing, it shouldn't really
matter that much.

Assuming the unit lasts through the summer, I can
disassemble it in the fall and see how the electronics
inside has survived.

I'll try and take photos this week and install the
darn thing this weekend.
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634