That all depends on if this company can actually get a product to market AND
gain wide acceptance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent J. Nordquist
To: tcwug-list at tcwug.org
Sent: 5/9/2002 9:46 AM
Subject: [TCWUG] FCC Part 15, 2.4GHz, and interference

/. had a pointer yesterday to an interesting article about potential
interference with the 2.4GHz part of the spectrum from a new lighting
product.  What I found interesting was the description of FCC Part 15,
which makes an interesting bargain:  users don't have to be licensed if
they "adhere to certain technical limitations with no expectation of
protection".  This bargain is one of the things that's driving the rapid
adoption of 802.11b but I had never thought of the potential downside.

Google cached:

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:s_3kW3w2WIEC:www.strohpub.com/0701f
eat.htm

Original: