From: tcwug-list-admin at tcwug.org [mailto:tcwug-list-admin at tcwug.org] On
Behalf Of John D. Strohfus
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 2:45 PM
To: tcwug-list at tcwug.org
Subject: [TCWUG] TCWUG Website Mgmt / Logos

All:

First, it was great to meet many of you at the face2face meeting this
week.  I look forward to formalizing some of our ideas and participating
in a united effort. I think we can really do some good work once we get
organized.

First of all, thanks to whomever it is that did the website re-design
and is doing the hosting.  I think the site has a workable format for
the time-being.  I wanted to address a posting made last week or so ago
about the TCWUG website format and logo.

In addition to my day job I also have a small web dev company called
Homepages Etc.  I would be willing to help with any of the site content
posting and redesign work etc.  I also think that instead of trying to
mess with a collab tool like "wiki" (to be fair I have never worked with
it).  A browser based admin system might work (we use Cold Fusion and MS
Access mostly for these...kindof our specialty).  To be most simplistic,
we could just develop some site standards and templates for each
section.  People can post content inside the template and then just
email the files to a designated person to post.  I could help with that
too if you want.

In general I think opening up access or messing with collab tools will
be more hassle than it's worth.  If people can write basic html code or
just write text in email and attach pictures it is rather simple to
filter through a couple website admins and get posted.

I could also do the hosting at some point if needed but I think that is
all being handled nicely at this point (thx again to whomever is doing
that, sorry missed the intros at the first part of the mtg).

To start with I had one of my graphics contractors take a stab at a new
logo.
You can see them here for now:  http://www.homepages-etc.com/tcwug/

I will monitor the list and take your suggestions and post more
variations.  I can also tally the votes and discuss at the next meeting.
If the webadmin wants to snag them and move to www.tcwug.org that would
be great.  I can just email the mods to webmaster at tcwug.org.

- John

Homepages Etc., Inc.